The revolutionary web map for tracking wildfires!
Detection, fire progression, and extents.
United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America.
Hot spot detections by MODIS and VIIRS satellite sensors are displayed over familiar Google Maps Imagery. Unique symbol color age-gradient indicates fire progression and enables quick assessment of fire behavior, movement and threat. Detection times, radiative power, and other data are displayed in the right side-panel by clicking on symbols. Updated hourly.
Wildfire containment perimeters display as they are posted to USGS GeoMAC by the lead fire agencies involved. Selectable historic perimeters map layers indicate previously burned areas. Click inside polygons for data about burn events. Updated hourly.
- Historic fire-affected areas for 1950-2007 (California)
- Historic GeoMAC perimeters 2000-2018 (US)
- Fire agency responsibility areas (California)
- GeoMAC Large Fire Points (US)
BASE LAYERS – Easily toggle from layer to layer.
- Google Hybrid Imagery (with streets)
- Google Imagery (plain)
- Google Terrain
- US Topo. Live feed from USGS
- Classic USGS 7.5’ Quad raster base
- Live Share. Send live map view links with full functionality lasting two hours.
- Print and download. Insert title and print, or save as PDF, or export as PNG.
- Google Street View. See nearest street view with two clicks.
- Metrics. Measure distances and areas. Click points for coordinates.
- Bookmarks. Save your views and return to them easily.
- Zoom to Perimeter. Open current list of perimeters and zoom to instantly.
One month $29
Six months $159
Day Pass (24 hours) $10
- Each SEAT permits another user to be logged in at one time.
- Invite an unlimited number of users.
- The Administrator (you or whoever is assigned) always has access.
- Users manage their own login credentials.
- Control invited user access through the SEATS dashboard.
- One month $20/seat or six months $110/seat
Get prompt assistance 9-5 Pacific Time, Monday-Friday via chat, phone, or email.
Our team is eager to help and learn about your experiences with WILDFIRE VIEWER.