The revolutionary web map for tracking wildfires.
Detection, progression, and extents for the US and Canada.
NASA Hotspots. Wildfire detections by MODIS and VIIRS sensors display on familiar Google Maps imagery. Unique symbol color age-gradient indicates fire progression and enables quick assessment of fire behavior, movement and threat. Detection times, radiant intensity, and other data display by clicking on symbols. Updated hourly.
GeoMAC Perimeters. Wildfire containment perimeters display as they are posted to USGS GeoMAC by the lead fire agencies involved. Selectable historic perimeters map layers indicate previous fire containment extents. Click inside polygons for data about burn events. Updated hourly.
- Historic fire-affected areas for 1950-2007 within California
- GeoMAC containment perimeters compiled for the USA 2000-2017
- Fire agency responsibility areas for California
- GeoMAC Large Fire Points for the USA
- US Topo base feed from USGS for the USA
- Classic USGS 7.5’ Quad raster base for the USA
- OpenStreetMap for the USA
- Google Terrain base
- Google Imagery base
- Live Share. Send your map view live via links to clients, associates, and others. The link opens in your map, just as you compiled it, and for two hours the recipients get all the same map functionalities and data access as you.
- Map view export. Add title and print or save as PDF. Save as PNG for use in graphics.
- Google Street View. Drop into the nearest View from any point with two clicks.
- Metrics. Measure distances and areas. Obtain latitude and longitude coordinates for any location in the map. Start measuring with a single click and end with a double.
One month $29
Six months $159
Day Pass (24 hours) $10
Share your map using Collaborator Seats.
One month $20 /seat
Six months $110 /seat
Get prompt assistance 9-5 Pacific Time, Monday-Friday via phone or email.
Our team is eager to help and learn about your experiences with WILDFIRE VIEWER.